Jul 6, 2008

Summer Announcements

July 09, 2008


I will be gone and out of reach for over a month and a half starting in just a few days, through the end of August. I'll be spending the time backpacking through the Colorado Rockies, which has been a dream of mine for a long time. I'm very excited! When I get back in the fall, I expect to be doing more socionics related writing and to clean up the Socionics.us site, which has had some server problems and has fallen into neglect.

Have a great summer, everyone!

August 25 update

I'm back! The summer has been terrific. I got just about everything out of the experience that I had hoped, and it has fueled a desire to go on more and longer adventures. I expect to write about it soon and can include a link somewhere if people are interested, but there will be a lot of technical details dealing with gear choices and challenges specific to long-distance backpacking.

September 7 update

Other news is that I will be living in central Michigan for a while, most likely till May 2009. With no job to speak of, I will have even more time to focus on writing (2-4 hours a day). My first project will be a personal website, and also in the works is more socionics info.

September 19 update

I am providing type consultation services again for a reasonable fee. Clients will need to send me a set of pictures, answer some questions on video (so you'll need a web camera or its equivalent), and video skype with me. I have found this to be easier and more efficient than using text based correspondence. You can contact me at contact AT socionics DOT us if you are interested.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My anti-virus tells me that socionics.us is trying to infect my PC with 'HTML/Dldr.Iframe.DP' virus. Surely as a responsible webmaster you must deal with it as soon as possible or you will make lots of people angry.

Ричард said...

Yes, I'm aware of that. I cannot update that site or make any changes to it right now for reasons that I don't understand. I will resolve the issue with my hoster in September.

Anonymous said...

It is obviously your site has been hacked. You should contact your host and ask them to take it offline until you return. Leaving it like this for a whole month is unacceptable.

Ричард said...

Okay, I guess it probably has been hacked. I have contacted my hoster and will try to have this resolved tomorrow before I leave.

Thank you for the concern.

Ричард said...

Please try accessing Socionics.us now and tell me whether you get a virus warning. My hoster claims to have removed the virus script.

Anonymous said...

The front page looks ok, but I haven't checked any other pages.

Ричард said...

I have fixed the site issue with my hoster and the site is now updateable again and the virus has been removed. Apparently it was a malicious attack of some kind. I am refreshing all pages of the site. Thank you for noticing this issue.

Sandcat said...

The socionics.us site is still being listed as containing malicious software according to Google's bots. In the next steps section, it suggests:
"If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center." The embedded links in there that aren't working are:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=45432